Re: [Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

David Chipman wrote:

> PS: These ombuds may be more for issues related to online/broadcast
content, and not technologies involved, but it's something to try!

Even on content issues, pressure groups rule. Most cases where the
ombudsman acts are when the case could go to court, for instance, in cases
of libel, and (s)he could be proved wrong.

I contacted Julie Miville-Dechêne on the issue and she won't act. If there
was a pressure group to voice the discontent, maybe things could move at
some level, but there is none. Here's what's left of Linux-Quebec:

http://linux-quebec.org/

or was it:

http://www.linuxquebec.org/

Meanwhile, if you type:

http://sympatico.ca

where do you get?

I don't believe it's still the case, but MSN used to have Radio-Canada's
site as the main part of its portal.

Gesca/Cyberpresse's seem to complete the team, paperwise.

"The company is controlled by Paul Desmarais, Sr.. Paul Desmarais, Jr. is
one of thirty members of the North American Competitiveness Council, a
group whose advice directs the policies of North American Security and
Prosperity Partnership. Additionally, the company has long been a close
ally of the Liberal Party of Canada, although former or current members of
other Canadian political parties have also worked for Power Corp."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Corporation_of_Canada

OTOH, everything Linux is dwindling. For instance, a few years ago, there
was an ISP named Communication Accessibles Montreal (CAM). It was the
first private ISP in Montreal, before there were only universities with
internet service. So quite a bunch of geeks were there.

Then some phonies took control of the place.

I won't tell you the whole story, but here's what's left of CAM:

http://www.cam.org

Cooptel is a coop, but the geeks have all left CAM.

Of course, all this doesn't matter, because we don't need a user base.
That's what everybody here agrees upon, if I remember well...