Re: [Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

> > I didn't say using wmv was the problem
>
> If you don't, well, I do. Using proprietary formats on state television is
> ABSOLUTELY inacceptable.

So fix the tv company.

> So, MPlayer must be included instead of Totem. From what I read
> everywhere, MPlayer does better. If the devil is behind MPlayer, the code
> is open, Totem can "borrow" it.

A US software company is bound by US law. That tends to cause problems
with all sorts of things particularly media software.

> Now, I see even Alan Cox is following this discussion... at least when you
> intervene :) I'm sure you and him have better things to do.
>
> I believe I made very clear that we can't always blame Microsoft for
> having a 1% market share. There also is need for amelioration on our side.

Wrong distribution: See the Fedora Project mission statement. Maybe you
should be using something else that doesn't care about freedom, isn't US
based or hasn't got any financial backing so isn't worth sueing in the
USA ?

Alan