Re: Disk performance in phoronix

T. Howell-Cintron wrote:
It's also troubling that the disk I/O, computational performance, and
more seem to be slower as new releases are made available.  They
benchmarked F7 through F10 and the different was sometimes dramatic.  We
call that progress?
I'm sorry, the benchmark I was referring to can be found here:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_test_2008&num=1

-- Tom

If I read correctly that bechmark it's nothing to look forward. They didn't even run the tests multiple times (or if they did they didn't tell it) and they admid using version of F10 with debugging information on so it could affect the results. Also we don't know what settings have been changed from the stock distribution and cannot redo the tests so those test results are as good as digital toiletpaper.

-vpk