Re: Ranter or evangelist?

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 00:33 -0400, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On 07/16/2009 10:40 PM, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > What you're missing is that the codecs are required for the player to
> > load and play the media.  The codecs are not required to read the
> > contents of the CD.
>
> I see. You're teaching me a lot here. I always thought that, when you
> install the mplayer codecs, it was really to play Windows Media and,
> maybe, some more video codecs. Now you tell me it's only to load the
> media. Interesting.

That's not what he's saying. Mplayer is a media player application. It
comes with some free codecs, and doesn't come with other non-free
codecs. Therefore you have to add them. There are many guides to this on
the net (Google is your friend). Here's one:
http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php?title=Main_Page#Multimedia_Applications

poc