Re: Ranter or evangelist?

On 07/16/2009 10:40 PM, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 22:26 -0400, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Why is it that, when I insert an audio disk, I see it as an audio disk
on
my desktop, but when I click it, GNOME shows the .wav files that are
present. No application is suggested, even under "Open", to play the
damned music.
Which part of "Fedora does not support proprietary formats" do you not
understand? If you want .wav support, you need to add codecs from a
non-Fedora repo. I apologize if you did this and it didn't work, but you
don't say so.

I can read the CD, so the codecs are installed.

What I explained is that the way to get the CD playing is far, very far,
from as obvious as if you were using a Mac or Windows.

User friendlyness is N-I-L.

What you're missing is that the codecs are required for the player to load and play the media. The codecs are not required to read the contents of the CD.

A wonderful 3rd party repo is rpmfusion.org. They provide many wonderful tools and options to make your desktop linux experience much more enjoyable...