Re: mailing list pgp signatures...

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I guess it is a matter of philosophy. I think signing mail to a list is
> a waste of time and space.
>
> On the fedora list what difference does it make if the poster is really
> who he says he is, I could understand if the poster was selling me
> something but any ideas he or she sells are either valid and useful or
> they are not; no matter who they are.

Well, one place it matters is when you are given advice, you have a
better idea if you can trust it if you know it came from the same
person who has given good advice in the past. You also know it isn't
someone playing a nasty joke. But that is just my take on it. (I
started signing my messages when someone pulled that on another
list.) But it is only effective if people can actually verify that
you signed the message and that the message has not been modified.

Mikkel
--

Registered Linux User #16148  (http://counter.li.org/)