Re: TRY AGAIN, error running Maple 7 on Fedora 10

William M. Quarles wrote:
> OK, does anyone else think it's bizarre that just because the FC10 glibc
> lacks LinuxThreads, that I'm getting a missing library file error when
> that library is actually installed on my system? Anyway, I guess that's
> why everyone on here is still saying to avoid closed-source software...
> anyone know of any open-source computer algebra software?

We have Maxima packaged in Fedora. Try "yum install wxMaxima maxima-gui".
(maxima-gui is the old xmaxima GUI, it's used for some things like
displaying plots, so you'll probably want to install it even if you're going
to use wxMaxima as your UI.)

Others which come to my mind are Axiom, giac/xcas and Yacas. And if you're
looking for a monster "umbrella package", there's SAGE.

        Kevin Kofler