Re: TRY AGAIN, error running Maple 7 on Fedora 10

Mike Cloaked wrote:

William M. Quarles-2 wrote:

Also, I'd like to add, it is really sad in the sense of backwards-compatibility when I'm having more luck running the Windows version of Maple 7 under Wine than I am having trying to get it to work in Fedora. I can't get the graphs to display using Wine, but at least it does operations well enough.

Is there some special reason why you are using such an old version of Maple?
Currently Maple 12 installs in F10/F11 just fine. Maple 12 has so much more
than the old versions prior to Maple 9.5

Yeah, actually I'm poor and I can't afford to buy Maple 12 yet. But they are actually up to Maple 13 now even (yes, mathematicians aren't afraid of particular numbers! ;-p).