Re: Installing F11 from local hard drive

On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 10:10 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 10:04 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
>
> > Thanks. It might not have been apparent from my original post, but I'm
> > actually a long time Red Hat / Fedora user. Once you provided the link,
> > I found part of what I was looking for here (specifically the "Hard
> > Drive" option):
> >
> > http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f11/en-US/html/ap-admin-options.html
> >
> > The key part that's missing is how to get to the old "boot:" prompt so I
> > can use "linux askmethod". There was a time when this information was
> > included on the distribution CD, and actually made part of anaconda's
> > early menus.
>
> Hit the tab key at the initial boot disk install options, and then you
> can just type in askmethod (nothing else) and hit enter and away you go.
> I do it this way as well on all installs I do (rawhide or release).

Mike,

We're getting close. As I said, the mirror is on /dev/sdb1 where the
path to the install image is:

/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/install.img

I think that's *almost* what I need. To get this to run I actually input
the path up to .../os/ and let it find the rest. It takes me through the
partitioning scheme and to the "Boot loader operating system list"
window. Hitting "Next" there generates the following error message:

Missing ISO 9660 Image
The installer has tried to mount image #1, but cannot find it on the
hard drive.
Please copy this image to the drive and click Retry. Click Exit to abort
the installation.
				[ Exit ]  [ Retry ]

Doesn't anaconda know how to mount CD/DVD images any more? They're
in .../iso/. Do I need to modify the path above?

--Doc