Re: Installing F11 from local hard drive

On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 10:04 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

> Thanks. It might not have been apparent from my original post, but I'm
> actually a long time Red Hat / Fedora user. Once you provided the link,
> I found part of what I was looking for here (specifically the "Hard
> Drive" option):
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f11/en-US/html/ap-admin-options.html
>
> The key part that's missing is how to get to the old "boot:" prompt so I
> can use "linux askmethod". There was a time when this information was
> included on the distribution CD, and actually made part of anaconda's
> early menus.

Hit the tab key at the initial boot disk install options, and then you
can just type in askmethod (nothing else) and hit enter and away you go.
I do it this way as well on all installs I do (rawhide or release).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx