Re: Disabling mouse taps on Fedora 10

Craig White:
>> Which part of this are you struggling with?

fred smith:
> trying to do it without having to create xorg.conf.
>
> i've done all the steps with the synaptics.fdi file, and it doesn't
> seem to disable the touchpad, either. Oh well, it's not a huge deal,
> I just thought it would be interesting to know how to do it.

Have you logged out, or rebooted, after making the changes?

You're playing with hardware detection with this jiggery pokery, and
your changes won't be noticed instantaneously.  I can't remember what
was required to notice the change when I tried this hackery.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.