Re: Disabling mouse taps on Fedora 10

Linux Media wrote:
Hi,

I've spent the whole day googling and looking at the Fedora List Archives. All I need to do is disable mouse taps in my mouse pad.
I've edited /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi over
and over, but apparently, I don't know the syntax or how it really all
works. And all I got was fragmented pieces of information from my
research. I would like to adhere to the new approach to configuring
hardware. I'm assuming that creating an xorg.conf file just confuses
things and doesn't address the new way of doing things.
Ok, so does anyone know how to correctly edit an FDI file to disable
mouse taps (and which file)? Or is there a better way?
Btw... I'm running KDE 4.2.0

Thanks in advance,
Rocco

follow the instructions here