Re: automount of filesystem by label

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Tod Thomas wrote:
I have an external, USB connected, SATA drive divided into two
partitions with labels SATA1, SATA2.  I'd like to set up autofs to
automount the drive when I plug it into the USB port and power it up.

In auto.master I have:

/mnt /etc/auto.misc --timeout 60

and in /etc/auto.misc I have:

sata1    -fstype=ext3   :SATA1
sata2    -fstype=ext3   :SATA2

I restarted autofs, no luck.  Is there a way to automount my drive using
just the labels?

Thanks - Tod

Dumb question - what error message do you get when you try do "cd
/misc/sata1"? Automount does not mount anything until you try to
access it. It does not mount your drive just because you plugged it in.

Mikkel
No such file or directory, and that's doing a "cd /mnt/sata1" - I always mount to mnt, I just reused the /etc/auto.misc file.