Fedora 10, KDE4 - dual monitors

Hi All;

I've had several issues with my new laptop & Fedora 10 per the nvidia video
card so I eventually ended up with a config where I've removed kmod-nvidia (I
had tried the driver from the nvidia site as well) and I have an xorg.conf file
that specifies a 'vesa' driver.

This allows me to have true 1920x1200 resolution but I cannot get dual
monitors to work - I cannot even plug in an external monitor and toggle
to/from it as the only display via Fn-F8  (this has worked with past laptops
running KDE 3.x)

So, my question is, how do I go about setting up dual monitors ? Does this
require that I go back to the kmod-nvidia driver or can I pull it off via the
current 'vesa' driver?

Note that if I dont have an xorg.conf file then I get a config where the system
reports that it's running at 1920x1200 but in reality it's more like 1280x800.
This was the main issue with the kmod-nvidia driver back in December before I
removed it.

an lspci shows this:
lspci | grep -i nvidia
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 061e (rev a2)

and my xorg.conf file looks like this:
$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"