Re: fedora 9 and an nvidia 7200gs video card

Don Raikes wrote:
Hi all,

I have fedora 9 installed on my gateway desktop and it was working fine except for the fact that my video card died.

I just installed a new nvidia 7200gs card (the nvidia 84000gs card wouldn't fit).

Now when I try to run gnome, I get a message saying no devices were found. I am assuming I need to install some drivers, but cannot find any for linux 32-bit.

Does anyone know where those pesky drivers are?

First login in runtime 3 and edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
The line Containing should be changed to "Driver vesa" (no quotes needed)
Now you reboot (or restart X) and login, you will be able to run an X environment, but you will nog have any drm or 3d support
For that download your driver at :
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
yum install kernel-devel
and then run the file downloaded from nvidia
I seem never to have any luck being able to use the standard yum procedure, the above works always for me, but adds more work as you need to do this every time your kernel changes