Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I don't see this option when I run system-config-network under Fedora-10.
> I see 'Activate device when computer starts'
> when I highlight my WiFi device (in system-config-network)
> and click on Edit.
> Is that what you mean?

Yes, that's the correct setting.  But it doesn't matter when the
terminology is, it doesn't change anything unless you shut down NM and
start network on boot.

I'd REALLY like to have the choice between NM and network in anaconda
during an install or upgrade.  But alas, no.  Does anyone realize how
hard it is to remotely upgrade a server because of that?  I used
preupgrade on one of my systems, upgraded it, then rebooted to complete
the upgrade and wham.  No connectivity to finish it.  I had to come into
the office, hook the crash cart to it and finish the upgrade like it was
my desktop system.  I'm all for making linux more 'user' friendly, but
doing so by crippling those of us who use it as a server is insane.

I'm really tired of this thread.  I've said what I wanted to say, not
that it changes anything, but it does make me feel better.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support