RE: rsync help

>It may be to do with the CIFS mount options (and for extra fun, I guess
>the USB drive's mount options). Can you provide a bit more information
>about the USB mount, and exactly what sort of failure rsync produces?

I am trying to sync file names with ' and ñ for example. It gives this error:

rsync: recv_generator: failed to stat "<full path to file>": Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character (84)

Once I remove the apostrophe or the ñ it works fine!

I can see the files correctly and use them, it's just rsync that has the
issues. So the tests for creating files I assume aren't needed, correct?

Thanks Guys!
jlc