Re: PackageKit has eaten my system (again!)

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:13:46 +0000
Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sunday 21 December 2008 22:00:16 DB wrote:
[Dave@localhost ~]$ rpm -qi pygpgme
package pygpgme is not installed
[Dave@localhost ~]$ rpm -qi python-iniparse
package python-iniparse is not installed
[Dave@localhost ~]$

Is there a way to tell rpm to go off and search a specific repo?

no. Rpm only acts on specific packages.
If they are not installed 'yum install packagename' should pull them
in - and you can list both packages in one command.

Except that he is trying to install yum. ;)
tried rpm --whatprovides yum but that evidently is not acceptable!
It's not apparent from the help file, but I think the command is 'rpm
-q whatprovides ....' but I don't think that would have helped in
this situation. I'd try

yum install pygpgme python-iniparse yum

No yum installed there for him. ;) Dave: Try the following:
rpm -ivh
http://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386.newkey//yum-3.2.20-5.fc9.noarch.rpm
http://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386/os//Packages/pygpgme-0.1-8.fc9.i386.rpm http://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386/os//Packages/python-iniparse-0.2.3-3.fc9.noarch.rpm

All on one big long line. ;) Not sure if there are further deps, but hopefully that will get yum installed for you.
kevin
I've been following this since it got posted trying to determine if it is a local problem to Dave or if there is, in fact, an issue with PackageKit updates on F9 (I think Anne used the phrase "dirty electricity" which I took mean nothing wrong with the current F9 updates).

Just trying to verify before I power up my machines to do some work and, presumably, accept whatever updates are available via PackageKit or root/yum.

Thanks,
Paul