Re: PackageKit has eaten my system (again!)

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 21 December 2008 21:21:01 DB wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 21 December 2008 20:21:10 DB wrote:
error: Failed dependencies:
    pygpgme is needed by yum-3.2.20-5.fc9.noarch
    python-iniparse is needed by yum-3.2.20-5.fc9.noarch
So what happened when you installed these?

Anne
Hi Anne,

any suggestions on an address from which to attempt to install them with
RPM???

No, but 'rpm -qi pygpgme' and 'rpm -qi python-iniparse' both tell me that they were provided by Fedora Project. I can only suggest that you might have a mirror problem?

python-iniparse was updated on the 12th December, so is it possible that some glitch during that upgrade caused your problem? Dirty electricity sounds a far more likely culprit than packagekit.

Anne

My results:

[Dave@localhost ~]$ rpm -qi pygpgme
package pygpgme is not installed
[Dave@localhost ~]$ rpm -qi python-iniparse
package python-iniparse is not installed
[Dave@localhost ~]$

Is there a way to tell rpm to go off and search a specific repo? I tried rpm --whatprovides yum but that evidently is not acceptable! (The joys of trying to learn a new system! 20 years ago, I had great battles with the hard copy manuals.......)

Thanks for your help

Dave