Re: KDE 4.1 on Fedora 10

On Sunday 21 December 2008 21:25:42 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Dom 21 Dez 2008, Anne Wilson escreveu:
> > On Sunday 21 December 2008 20:12:58 Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> > > You have to switch in the login screen. Look at the session type in
> > > the panel on the bottom
> > > of the login screen.
> >
> > Paulo, my F10 on my netbook doesn't have the KDE login.  If he's
> > seeing what I'm seeing he will only have Restart and Shutdown,
> > together with icons to set accessibility options and to see the
> > bootup messages.  Perhaps it can be changed in systemsettings?  If
> > so, I haven't found it yet.
>
> Are you using kdm or gdm?

Dunno <scratches head> I've never seen a login like this anywhere else.

> In gdm, the session type can only be selected
> after filling in the user name, before you confirm the password.

That sounds pretty silly to me :-)

> If you're running gdm and would like to run kdm instead, you need to
> create the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop with the following:
> DESKTOP="KDE"
> DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
>
> The first line sets up KDE as the default GUI and the second one tells X
> to use kdm as login manager instead of gdm.

OK, done all that, and I've still got this silly login.  I've put in the
username, and even gone as far as entering the password without the Enter that
confirms it.  At no point do I see any option to change sessions.

I can send a snapshot if it helps

Anne