Re: Lets test the h@!! out of KDE4.2 before it releases...

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 15:58 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> If you don't use proprietary, binary only, unsupported video drivers,
> you shouldn't have to ever manually edit xorg.conf

Though, unless you can buy hardware that doesn't use them, you're
screwed.  Laptops have fixed chipsets, so do some desktops, and the
supported Intel chipsets don't seem to be used on plug-in cards.

Often, you really don't have much of a choice of what graphics hardware
to pick from.  Before I bought my laptop, I spent ages researching what
I could buy locally.  My choices were NVidia, ATI, and some Intel
chipset that I couldn't see listed as being supported.

Other people will make similar comments about sound cards.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.7-53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.