Re: Lets test the h@!! out of KDE4.2 before it releases...

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 12:00 -0500, Raman Gupta wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > The first thing i did is set folder view as my desktop.
> > there is something strange in kde. I have a 8600GT (nvidia) card and
> > installed the drivers yet all the graphical effects seem to be
> > slowish..
>
> Try following the instructions here and see if that makes any difference:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/User:Lemma/KDE4-NVIDIA
>
> Cheers,
> Raman

I had the same card and the problem.  Report it and complain.

/rant
The KDE people blame it on nVidia.  I still say that someone should
write a utility to allow users to twiddle the settings that they suggest
we use so that we don't have to manually edit the xorg.conf file.   IN
WHAT YEAR WILL LINUX USERS NOT HAVE TO MANUALLY EDIT THE XORG.CONF
FILE ?  I've been doing that since RH8 days.  Its getting old.
/rant off