Re: FC9 - recent upgrade breaks NFS - FIX

Caitlyn O'Hanna wrote:
On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 19:59 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Looks like the x86-64 repos are either messaged up (I see you have the out of date repomod.xml issue I see of x86-32bit), but it looks like you have both livna and rpmfusions stuff enabled by default, so you may have a total mishmash of conflicting packages from various places.

You can have both livna and rpmfusion enabled; the only real package
available in livna is libdecss[1].

[1] http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/9/x86_64/00_PLEASE_READ.txt

You "can do" many things, but I have proved the hard way that mixing Fedora and non-Fedora repos can result in unintended behavior. Libraries from good source like rpmfusion may not be incorrect, but they can be incompatible.

The issue with repomd.xml reflecting two dates, both old, is another hint. I've asked about that myself, no one has provided an explanation or a better workaround than backing up and reinstalling. Once messed up there seems no rational way to get proper updating restored.

Feel free to help Gerhard if you disagree.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>