Re: f10 gdm user hide

Frank Cox wrote:
> Is there any way to remove a user's name from the list on the initial gdm
> login screen?

> Related:  Is there a way to reorganize the names?  For example, if the
> list has Fred at the top and Sally under that, can the order be reversed
> so Sally is on top?

> Scaling back my question again, does anyone know how to set the default
> username that is initially selected when gdm starts?  So if it's Fred's
> machine he doesn't always have to move the pointer off of Sally first
> before he logs in.

I'd suggest trying KDM, which can actually be configured.

su -
yum install kdebase-workspace
echo 'DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"' >/etc/sysconfig/desktop
reboot

(That's really "KDE" there, not "KDM".)
If you want to make sure GNOME is the default desktop, you can add:
echo 'DESKTOP="GNOME"' >>/etc/sysconfig/desktop
Likewise, DESKTOP="KDE" makes KDE the systemwide default.

Then you can set up KDM through systemsettings (the KDE configuration tool).

You may lose some GNOME integration though (e.g. fast user switching),
because obviously KDM was primarily designed for KDE.

        Kevin Kofler