Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 00:41 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Please, let's have some perspective here.  Fedora becomes
> >> what the people doing the work want Fedora to become.
> > No, Fedora became what people made it.
> >
> > My impression is, Fedora once had been a nice "leading edge distro",
> > now it's essentially a public testing ground, containing the "beyond
> > bleeding edge".
>

> Hmm. I guess this is where we disagree. You think that this is a bad
> thing. I think it is not. Following your logic, based on your
> assessment, Fedora has become what it is out of a sort of evolution.
Agreed, but consider, evolution is a continuous process and we all are
part of it.

>  I have no problem with this. I really don't mind it.
I have. Fedora has reached a point of immaturity/lack of stability, I am
having real problems in finding it suitable for my purposes, i.e. the
basis of my motivation to participate in Fedora is gradually breaking
away.

>  I actually quite like it.
Well, my hope is, Fedora 10, like it's predecessors, will reach a
"usable" shape several weeks/months after its initial releases.

ATM, the sad truth is, I would have to lie when recommending Fedora 10
to anybody.

Ralf