Re: Next silly Q, ktorrent this time.

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 30 November 2008, g wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
Looking through the messages at the above link, one suggested deleting
ktorrentrc, which I did, and that, while destroying the share data, did
allow the gui to restart ok, so I set it to continue seeding.  Now, if x
doesn't crash again...
good to know about ktorrentrc. thanks. will have to remember.

be sure to run a checksum. even tho ktorrent is supposed to do so, would
not hurt to run yourself to insure that download is correct.

I did the sha1sum on the burnt disk, it was good, but the dvd doesn't autoboot in the machine I was going to put it on. Ubuntu's Hardy Heron cd does, in the same dvd reader. I haven't tried it here to see if it will autoboot though, and should.

The BIOS may not know DVD, but there is something you can try before you start trying new BIOS versions. Any machine that old has a floppy, and there's a floppy program you can boot which knows how to boot CDs and DVDs from any reasonable ATAPI IDE reader (I but you use IDE not SATA). Someone on this list will know where to get it so I don't have to search. It's the boot floppy for Puppy Linux, or Damn Small Linux, or one of the micro distributions, and I used it about two years ago.

Down with a cold, I haven't really felt like doing a whole lot. I did start on some drawer and door handles for an entertainment center I'm building yesterday, but my shop has very little heat and the current temp is about 2C. Being diabetic, that equals some darned cold feet. :(

Please take care of yourself! Home Depot has some inch thick mats for tired feet, but that much heavy duty foam rubber has got to insulate. The edges lock together like puzzle pieces, so you can make a work area of whatever size you need.

No, I didn't notice the price, sorry.

And watch the cold, I have been down for three weeks and semi-functional for two more with pneumonia. Worst thing is that antibiotics make everything taste like garbage, even good microbrew beer.

Thanks for the link, it was helpful.
most welcome. glad it help. will check back thru it when i get ktorrent in
this installation.

Thanks again.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>