Re: FEDORA net etiquette

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 04:11 +0000, g wrote:
> it is a *tech support list* with people speaking in one common
> language as best as some are able to. [no degradation intended]
>
> there is no need for accent marks, special characters or symbols. yet
> posters continue to do so.

All I can say is that you're a racist ignoramus.  People who have
accents in their names are not going to anglicise their names to please
you, likewise with people who've names that don't use English
characters, at all, and words that have accents as a proper part of
their name, or anything else beyond ASCII (which has ALWAYS been
hopelessly inadequate for anything other than basic grade school
language).

As far as etiquette goes, you're taking the cake for blasting it away to
be a rude pig.

You also seem to have a general misunderstanding about what plain text
means, not to mention the technicalities of email.  Content-type
text/plain just means text, it doesn't disallow MIME headers, nor
content-type-encoding, such as base 64.  They're different things,
again, and still part of plain text content.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.