Re: [OT] EeePC - to Fedora or not?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Perhaps there should be a warning somewhere, "If you are a Linux user,
do not read the Software Users Manual.
Instead type Ctrl-Alt-T, and you will be in familiar territory.
In fact the OS as the user sees it is more Windows than Windows.
At least in Windows there is an icon to open a DOS window.

I gave up figuring how to install anything on my eee 901.

Some packages ended up in a bizare /home/.xxxxx folder, and some
couldn't install because of strange dependencies. I can't see
the advantage of "apt-get install" compared to "yum install".

So I removed the Xandros and installed F9, compiled the WiFi
module - now I feel like I'm home :-)

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@xxxxxx Homepage: http://www.crc.dk