Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 22:09:09 +0200,
  Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You do not need to understand, you just need to accept that this is
> the case.

In theory at least, Fedora is an open project and we don't have to just
accept the status quo. If it isn't actually an open project then it would
be nice to know that to as accurate information will help people make
better decisions on whether or not to participate in the project.

> If you are volunteering to spend all the years in jail on behalf of
> those involved in the investigation that you are asking to interfere
> in a criminal investigation - I guess that some sort of deal can be
> accommodated with the courts. (And yes, I'm taking the piss now as the
> discussion is beyond farcical.)

Any criminal investigation is unlikely to produce anything worthwhile.
While it is probably too late (and because Redhat was involved it might
not have been an option) I would have preferred they ditch any criminal
investigation in preference to keeping the community informed about what
was going on with minimal lag time.