Re: F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Even if you don't care about cleaning up the context you are about to force everyone else to wade through

You mean like I just did when replying to you? Why do you keep mixing up
the default initial cursor placement with editing the context?

They aren't mixed up - they are both something you change to suit yourself regardless of the initial state.

you have to be really, really lazy to not be able to punch control-end or control-home to jump from one end to the other.

Not so much lazy as ignorant. I have to say I have never heard of this.
I've never used an editor where this is the standard (neither vi nor
emacs work this way). I see OpenOffice does, but I can't say I think of
word-processing commands when using an email composer. Maybe I'm just
old-fashioned.

I did say that things written in the last 2 decades use the standards that mostly started with IBM's 1987 CUA (common user interface) work. Emacs and vi predate that and don't follow any standards.

BTW the Evo documentation says nothing about it that I can see, neither
in the online help nor in the quick reference sheet.

I'm not sure where to find the current standard interface tricks but the keyboard ones mostly go back to character mode days. But I normally surf the inbox and preview pane with the mouse/scroll wheel (you can hover over the preview window and scroll without losing focus on the header window so up/down/delete keys continue to work there) and use it to click the reply button, so my hand is on the mouse when the reply window opens and it is easiest to just click where I want to start, ignoring the default cursor position.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx