Re: F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Gene Heskett
> <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Nah. I've used kino before.  The button has been pushed, and
>         Ubuntu 8.04 is
>         coming in via ktorrent right now.
>
> Good for you. It's important to find a solution that works for you.
> For your sake, I sincerely hope that Canonical never reaches
> profitability. So that they will never have to re-evaluate their
> exposure to the potential legal risk that software patents represent
> to their business model in the jurisdictions where they sell and
> service their product..so you'll never have to go distro shopping
> again.
>
> -jef

Fantastic work, Jeff.  Now we have yet another loyal fedora user jumping
ship to go to ubuntu, after being told:

1.  You need to put up with the crappy apps you already have

2.  You need to use your valuable time on this earth to code and not
actually use the computer -- to help us with our crappy forced-licensing
ideology which is never going to work anyway btw

3.  Oh, you're going to Ubuntu?  Rots of ruck.

You know, one big brass-balled difference between M$ and Red Hat is
that, at MicroSoft, they tell the lawyers what to do.  At Red Hat, the
lawyers tell Red Hat what to do.   I'm seeing that it's a big f*king
difference.

This is the kind of dumb shit Alan Cox mentality that is killing Fedora.
I've heard enough excuses, it's done; there's no excuse at all for
another distro cleaning your clock when you were on the top of the heap
in the first place.  Why is it that Ubuntu just works without excuses,
and then on the fedora list all we hear is whah whah explanations and
justifications?  It's patently absurd when the infrastructure of Red Hat
itself is in fact RUNNING THE USERS OFF!

Oh yeah let me read the script from the peanut gallery that's entering
stage right; "duh, shut up I don't want to hear it... whine whine excuse
whine excuse.....etc."

Let's see how many more you run off.

LX