Re: Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Vennlig hilsen
Bjørn Ivar Johnsen

Den 11. aug.. 2008 kl. 03.12 skrev Björn Persson <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx e>:

Bjørn Ivar Johnsen wrote:
Den 10. aug.. 2008 kl. 22.00 skrev Mike Evans <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Try going with the VESA driver initially.  Just edit the xorg.conf.

How, exactly, do I edit that file? Where do I find it??

You don't edit configuration files until you have installed Fedora.

The full path to the file is "/etc/xorg.conf". First type the
command "cp /etc/xorg.conf /etc/xorg.conf.backup" to save a copy of the
original file in case you need to change it back. Then
type "nano /etc/xorg.conf" to edit it. If Nano is missing, install it with the command "yum install nano". But first get through the installation.

As for what changes you should do to xorg.conf, I'll let Mike answer that.

Björn Persson

Could anyone please tell me if there is a command I can use to get from text version of fedora to the graphical version?!
This because I am sure of that my F7 doesent work on my keyboard!!

You see I finally got those "yum update" and the nvidia driver installation to work, (I think, Surely after I wrote the command "yum update", after giving the new repo adress for nvidia, it started downloading, at an incredible speed I must say, but now and for the last 5 minutes or so, the prosess seemed to stop. I now have a black screen full of text!!
I can give u the latest line:
"nautilus-extensions  x86_64  2.22.5.1-1.fc9  updates  45k"!
The above lines are wery simular, just with different names!

What should I do now?
Wait much longer, or try a reboot?

BTW I used the "Live DVD", could not get the "Install DVD" to work anymore!

Kind regards:
Bjørn Ivar Johnsen