Re: Now ON TOPIC, libGL.so, libMesaGL.so on missing list of F8 repo's

On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Rick Stevens wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> I ended up patching neaacdec.h from the faad2-devel to get rid of theses
>>> errors in another project but it should work here also, include this in
>>> neaacdec.h:
>>>
>>> /* MACROS FOR BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY */
>>> /* structs */
>>> #define faacDecHandle                  NeAACDecHandle
>>> #define faacDecConfiguration           NeAACDecConfiguration
>>> #define faacDecConfigurationPtr        NeAACDecConfigurationPtr
>>> #define faacDecFrameInfo               NeAACDecFrameInfo
>>> /* functions */
>>> #define faacDecGetErrorMessage         NeAACDecGetErrorMessage
>>> #define faacDecSetConfiguration        NeAACDecSetConfiguration
>>> #define faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration NeAACDecGetCurrentConfiguration
>>> #define faacDecInit                    NeAACDecInit
>>> #define faacDecInit2                   NeAACDecInit2
>>> #define faacDecInitDRM                 NeAACDecInitDRM
>>> #define faacDecPostSeekReset           NeAACDecPostSeekReset
>>> #define faacDecOpen                    NeAACDecOpen
>>> #define faacDecClose                   NeAACDecClose
>>> #define faacDecDecode                  NeAACDecDecode
>>> #define AudioSpecificConfig            NeAACDecAudioSpecificConfig
>>>
>>> For some reason Freshrpms (which I use as a base for my stuff) & also I
>>> assume livna patch these defines out.
>>>
>>> ...dex
>>
>> There appears to be precisely the inverse of that already there, labeled:
>>
>> #if 1
>> /* MACROS FOR FORWARD COMPATIBILITY */
>> /* structs */
>> #define NeAACDecHandle                  faacDecHandle
>> #define NeAACDecConfiguration           faacDecConfiguration
>> #define NeAACDecConfigurationPtr        faacDecConfigurationPtr
>> #define NeAACDecFrameInfo               faacDecFrameInfo
>> /* functions */
>> #define NeAACDecGetErrorMessage         faacDecGetErrorMessage
>> #define NeAACDecSetConfiguration        faacDecSetConfiguration
>> #define NeAACDecGetCurrentConfiguration faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration
>> #define NeAACDecInit                    faacDecInit
>> #define NeAACDecInit2                   faacDecInit2
>> #define NeAACDecInitDRM                 faacDecInitDRM
>> #define NeAACDecPostSeekReset           faacDecPostSeekReset
>> #define NeAACDecOpen                    faacDecOpen
>> #define NeAACDecClose                   faacDecClose
>> #define NeAACDecDecode                  faacDecDecode
>> #define NeAACDecAudioSpecificConfig     AudioSpecificConfig
>> #endif
>>
>> As I understand code, that looks like I should ifdef it out, but I'll try
>> for effects first before I replace the 1 with a 0, thanks Dex.
>>
>> And while its slightly different, the end result is the same:
>>
>> gcc -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/include -Wall
>> -Wmissing-declarations -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wl,--rpath
>> -Wl,/opt/gmerlin/lib -o .libs/bgavdump bgavdump.o
>> ../lib/.libs/libgmerlin_avdec.so -L/usr/local/lib
> [...]

Too wild I think, this is a 32 bit machine, amd xp2800 TBE.

But: yumex says faad2 is installed, but locate can't find it!  Mm, its libraries
are not labeled faad2, just libfaad.

And nm -D returns this:
[root@coyote gmerlin-all-in-one-20080715]# nm -D /usr/lib/libfaad.so.0.0.0 |
grep faac
4948c170 T faacDecClose
4948c140 T faacDecDecode
4948b740 T faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration
4948b700 T faacDecGetErrorMessage
4948c460 T faacDecInit
4948c240 T faacDecInit2
4948c820 T faacDecOpen
4948b760 T faacDecPostSeekReset
4948c3d0 T faacDecSetConfiguration

So it is all there.  Me goes off scratching head in confusion.

Thanks Rick.  Any more ideas?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)