Re: Now ON TOPIC, libGL.so, libMesaGL.so on missing list of F8 repo's

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 23 July 2008, dexter wrote:
On Wed July 23 2008 04:06:58 Gene Heskett wrote:
That seems to be faad2 now, but I didn't have the -devel installed.
But that was from faac, and I didn't have that -devel installed either.

Humm, I have added the /opt/gmerlin/lib directory to a gmerlin.conf file
in /etc/ld.so.conf.d, and I'm running ldconfig after yum installs each of
these -devel packages, but the above faac* errors aren't going away.  This
is using the faac stuff from livna.
I ended up patching neaacdec.h from the faad2-devel to get rid of theses
errors in another project but it should work here also, include this in
neaacdec.h:

/* MACROS FOR BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY */
/* structs */
#define faacDecHandle                  NeAACDecHandle
#define faacDecConfiguration           NeAACDecConfiguration
#define faacDecConfigurationPtr        NeAACDecConfigurationPtr
#define faacDecFrameInfo               NeAACDecFrameInfo
/* functions */
#define faacDecGetErrorMessage         NeAACDecGetErrorMessage
#define faacDecSetConfiguration        NeAACDecSetConfiguration
#define faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration NeAACDecGetCurrentConfiguration
#define faacDecInit                    NeAACDecInit
#define faacDecInit2                   NeAACDecInit2
#define faacDecInitDRM                 NeAACDecInitDRM
#define faacDecPostSeekReset           NeAACDecPostSeekReset
#define faacDecOpen                    NeAACDecOpen
#define faacDecClose                   NeAACDecClose
#define faacDecDecode                  NeAACDecDecode
#define AudioSpecificConfig            NeAACDecAudioSpecificConfig

For some reason Freshrpms (which I use as a base for my stuff) & also I
assume livna patch these defines out.

...dex

There appears to be precisely the inverse of that already there, labeled:

#if 1
/* MACROS FOR FORWARD COMPATIBILITY */
/* structs */
#define NeAACDecHandle                  faacDecHandle
#define NeAACDecConfiguration           faacDecConfiguration
#define NeAACDecConfigurationPtr        faacDecConfigurationPtr
#define NeAACDecFrameInfo               faacDecFrameInfo
/* functions */
#define NeAACDecGetErrorMessage         faacDecGetErrorMessage
#define NeAACDecSetConfiguration        faacDecSetConfiguration
#define NeAACDecGetCurrentConfiguration faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration
#define NeAACDecInit                    faacDecInit
#define NeAACDecInit2                   faacDecInit2
#define NeAACDecInitDRM                 faacDecInitDRM
#define NeAACDecPostSeekReset           faacDecPostSeekReset
#define NeAACDecOpen                    faacDecOpen
#define NeAACDecClose                   faacDecClose
#define NeAACDecDecode                  faacDecDecode
#define NeAACDecAudioSpecificConfig     AudioSpecificConfig
#endif

As I understand code, that looks like I should ifdef it out, but I'll try for effects first before I replace the 1 with a 0, thanks Dex.

And while its slightly different, the end result is the same:

gcc -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wmissing-declarations -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gmerlin/lib -o .libs/bgavdump bgavdump.o ../lib/.libs/libgmerlin_avdec.so -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libgavl.so
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecDecode'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecInit2'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecClose'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecOpen'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecSetConfiguration'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecInit'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecGetErrorMessage'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [bgavdump] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/gmerlin-all-in-one-20080715/gmerlin_avdecoder/gmerlin-avdecoder-0.1.8/tests'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Compilation in gmerlin_avdecoder failed

I saw the word failed go by once in the middle of all that, so I'm running the buildall.sh to a logfile so grep can find it. But that all takes time, so I'll go ahead and submit this for further comments.

Well, that's all in the libfaad.so.0.0.0 file.  An excerpt from "nm -D":

	[root@prophead ~]# nm -D /usr/lib64/libfaad.so.0.0.0 | grep faac
	0000003beb006dd0 T faacDecClose
	0000003beb006dc0 T faacDecDecode
	0000003beb006500 T faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration
	0000003beb0064d0 T faacDecGetErrorMessage
	0000003beb0070c0 T faacDecInit
	0000003beb006ea0 T faacDecInit2
	0000003beb0073f0 T faacDecOpen
	0000003beb006520 T faacDecPostSeekReset
	0000003beb007040 T faacDecSetConfiguration

	[root@prophead ~]# rpm -qa | grep faad2
	faad2-2.0-21.20050131.lvn8

	[root@prophead ~]# rpm -ql faad2
	/usr/bin/faad
	/usr/lib64/libfaad.so.0
	/usr/lib64/libfaad.so.0.0.0
	/usr/share/doc/faad2-2.0
	/usr/share/doc/faad2-2.0/AUTHORS
	/usr/share/doc/faad2-2.0/COPYING
	/usr/share/doc/faad2-2.0/ChangeLog
	/usr/share/doc/faad2-2.0/NEWS
	/usr/share/doc/faad2-2.0/README
	/usr/share/doc/faad2-2.0/TODO

	[root@prophead ~]# ls -l /usr/lib64/libfaad.so*
	lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 2008-02-25 16:59
		/usr/lib64/libfaad.so.0 -> libfaad.so.0.0.0
	-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 289256 2007-10-18 00:00
 		/usr/lib64/libfaad.so.0.0.0

I don't have the -devel RPM installed.  My guess is that it's trying
to link against the 32-bit library which you don't have installed.
You might try:

	LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib64 -lfaad2" make

to have it search the 64-bit stuff first.  Just a wild idea.