Re: OT: AT&T U-Verse internet

Mike,

I have this AT&T U-Verse service and I love it.
I have Fedora8, an XP, winServer2003 and  2 MACs all wireless and I have no problem with  the 2Wire AccessPoint.
You may have to use winXP to get into the AccessPoint/Gateway/router.
As I have not tried to use the Linux box, but it shld work as its web based or html. Get the URL and Ip Add from the installer.
It shld also work as a LAN ethernet connection.
I plan to connect the win2003 server directly (ethernet) to the gateway/router this wkend. If that works than connecting my Fedora8 shld fly as well.

Let me know what you find.
The installer I had was very helpful. he spent 4 hours hooking everything up, including the BOSE system, even tying up loose wiring very neatly,

>>is it static/dynamic, ---DHCP
>> how many IPs, --DHCP/NAT
>> does it allow traffic shaping,  --- its a router/gateway
>>could I run my own VOIP service, etc.? -- Unknown Probably not  ...but I do use MagicJack (VOIP) with no problem

hope that was helpful

El Gato Feo