OT: AT&T U-Verse internet

Hi all,

I've been offered AT&T's U-Verse television/internet service but have been told that it's Windows only (which sounds nonsensical to me; they said the same thing about my DSL service).

I've scoured the net looking for information about the gateway device but have come up empty handed. I think it would be a 3700HGV-B but am not certain. I'd really like to see a user's manual.

I'm in San Jose, California. Is there anybody in this area that has this service and that would be able to comment on it, especially wrt its IP scheme? I.e. is it static/dynamic, how many IPs, does it allow traffic shaping, could I run my own VOIP service, etc.?

I need to find out before my 3 day right of recission expires.

Sorry for the additional noise on the list.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Wright :m)