Re: I need help with Fedora

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Matthew Saltzman wrote:
Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
In general, if you don't know what you are doing then maybe Linux isn't for you?
Oh please. Can you avoid that elitist attitude? There are new comers to Linux and Fedora all the time and not all of them are experts. These are valuable users to the community and we don't need to drive them away with statements like these. None of us were born with any of this knowledge anyway. Remember, you were a newbie too when you got started.

Hear, hear!

Sorry guys,
I was just trying to get him to make a decision on his own instead of asking for a handout. I told him to create some swap space and try again. I don't think he has.

I don't think you need to say sorry for what amounts to asking someone to make their own decision. I encourage everyone to jump in but its better if they have their eyes open, people that jump with their eyes squeezed shut never land right.

--
Fortune favors the BOLD