Re: Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Gordon Messmer wrote:
John Burton wrote:
Okay, here are a couple of questions I haven't seen answered. There are several "license" schemes put forth for Open Source software. GPL and BSD are two that come to mind immediately. The purpose of "open source" is to counter the traditional closed source model of software.

I forgot to point out that Free Software is most definitely the traditional development method. When GNU was started, it was in response to a change from the traditional method to a black-box distribution method for software.

Our entire history of science and engineering is Open. Understanding the way things work has been the hallmark of our development as a society. Don't forget that.
Amen!

John Cornelius