Re: E-mail

Allen Meyers wrote:
I am new to both linux and fedora and I dearly love what I have experienced thus far except for e-mail. Now because I receive a fair share and must answer it would be nice to be able to do so from my linux program, but that has eluded me thus far. My DSL and e-mail provider is att yahoo and I get these nasty notes that I am sending and receiving not within the scope of their SSL protocol. Would they shut me down? I have not a clue. Is there anyone out there with a viable option. Would I not experience the same thing with a fetch it program of some sort.

Allen

Allen, welcome to Linux. I need to point out a few things about mailing list manners. First, do not top post. We don't read messages from the bottom up, but from the top down.

Second, don't hijack a thread. Your reply to an existing message makes life hard for people to follow, especially when some of us sort by thread.

Third, when you do reply to a list message, please, cut out all the irrelevant parts so as to make the message as small as possible. SOme people on the list pay for their bandwidth based on the amount of data they transfer. Smaller messages is more efficient and easier to follow.

Okay, got that out of the way, let's see if we can't figure out your problem. What exactly are you trying to do? You have an AT&T DSL service and you're sending mail through your Yahoo account? I am not quite sure I understand the problem with SSL. Can you provide specific error messages? Or at least more detail on what exactly you are doing?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support