Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

David Boles wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well the main idea behind PA is to eradicate that problem since it
will be a super set

And, as I said, I have no problems with Pulseaudio. Why? Well I have a desktop with 'normal' hardware. I don't have anything fancy. And, for me Fedora works 'out of the box'. Actually I normally (currently) run rawhide and I only have
the 'development breakage', to be expected, from time to time.

I won't name, on the Fedora list, the other Linux distros that I have
installed and that run with no, or minor, problems. But there are nine of them.

So? Am I just lucky? Or do I just have compatible hardware? Or do I just not
try to do "strange things'? I can't say.

Have you ever tried to use a microphone or line input for recording or telephony? I have four system, all of which worked pre-PA, none of which work with PA, all of which work with PA removed, for both ALSA and simulated OSS applications. So if trying to get sound into the computer is "strange things," then I guess I do them.

I mentioned before about a Linux problem and dumping a ZIP Drive to solve it.
That was with Mandrake 7.0. Circa 2000 or so.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>