Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Antonio Olivares wrote:
--- On Sat, 6/14/08, Mike Bird <mgb-fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Mike Bird <mgb-fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 3:48 PM
On Sat June 14 2008 15:31:04 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
Why not use the version of Fedora that last has KDE
3.5 if this is
such a big deal for you?
You seem to be looping Arthur.  F8 security updates end in
about six months and no, you're not safe without them.

--Mike Bird

--

How do you define safe?

I have run old version of KDE 3.1 from Mandrake 9.1 gotten on internet, no single update whatsoever, and I have been safe. So it can be done, do you mean other updates, that can be critical, with apps and not the desktop here.
That is like saying you have played Russian Roulette twice and not been killed. It doesn't mean that your are "safe," it just means that the law of averages has not exhibited "regression to the mean" yet. No computer is really "safe," but you can reduce the mean time to failure by letting the evil-doers evolve their attacks without evolving your defenses.z

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>