Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Mike Bird <mgb-fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat June 14 2008 10:18:58 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Mike Bird <mgb-fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any reason not to use F8? I still have F7 on my desktop.. works just fine.
I'm writing this in F8 after reverting back from F9 due to KDE 4.0, but
IIRC security updates for F8 end in six months and security updates for
F7 just ended.

Yah... don't use your machine on the public internet, don't use
unnecessary services, you'll be fine.

..parse error, meaningless words detected after sequence "don't use your machine"

The problem is that "use your machine" for most people is not limited to playing solitaire on a machine without network connections.

If you have a limited need for functional KDE, a more practical solution might be to run F8 in a virtual machine, xen, etc.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>