Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:

KDE 4.1 will be incomplete and not suitable for most users.

Software is rarely complete, but I find even KDE 4.0 very usable,
though far from perfect.

I found KDE 4.0 a real disappointment, especially when I was really looking forward to using it. I think it's currently lacking a lot of what I liked about KDE 3.5.x.

I find Dolphin to be actually much better for file management
than any Konqueror version I have ever tried. It's probably
just a matter of preference.

Yes I think the previous problem with konqueror was the bewildering range of options and views, many of which weren't that practical, Dolphin fairs much better in that respect.

I think the new menu is great.

Seriously? I think it's just god awful. I find it slow to navigate through and just plain awkward to use, I'm thankful they've left the option in to switch to the classic menu system.

I usually don't want to browser for
the application I am looking for in nested menus. The new menu
lets me just type a few letters and have me launch the program
instantly, of use the favorites feature.

Doesn't seem too different from the old menus, frequently used apps etc were stored at the top of the menu, and well I could always type a program by name from konsole but then I had all my favourite apps on my taskbar for one-click launching which sadly appears missing from KDE 4.

--
Ian Chapman.