Re: f9 grub kernel arguments and kickstart questions

Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 10:12 -0700, Skunk Worx wrote:
Antonio Olivares wrote:

--- On Fri, 6/13/08, Skunk Worx <skunkworx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Skunk Worx <skunkworx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: f9 grub kernel arguments and kickstart questions
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, June 13, 2008, 9:54 PM
Hi,

I see that my f9 installs have a grub kernel argument
'root=UUID={hex}'

In my computer, only the default Fedora 9 kernel installs such an entry, the others appear to be normal

Huh. I'll have to take a look at this.

I have releases/Everything and updates in my local repo, and I think I am getting the newest kernel on a ks install with the root=UUID line.

But I won't be able to verify this until Tuesday.

Also I know I can 'append' things in kickstart like
"vga=791 acpi=force reboot=b', but can I remove the 'rhgb quiet'?

Yes you may.  Booting still works fine :)
Thanks,
John

Yes...I wasn't clear enough. It seem the two options are there by default and I prefer them not to be :-) It's just preference and no problem to take them out after the install. But one less thing to do after the network install is preferred.
----
I haven't given it much thought but it surely would be possible to use a
post-installation script to do something like
sed -i 's/rhgb quiet//g' /boot/grub/grub.conf

to remove them

Craig

I agree and I'll have to try this. However as I recall (dimly) there are some changes to the install that are finalized after the post-install section, which is why I prefer the up front, deterministic approach when I can get away with it!

---
John