Re: howto use curl to get Internet IP

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 18:00 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> it's likely that there is a way to scrape the modem's web control
> page for the IP number without having to ping external addresses.
> Might be a bit messy though.

If the modem can be looked at using SNMP, I'd have thought there'd be an
IP address somewhere in the responses.  When I set up MRTG, yonks ago,
the setup configuration had it in the middle of everything, so there
must be some way to extract it.

Polling the modem would seem the obvious way to get the information,
without abusing any outside services.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686