Re: Fedora 9 & runlevel 3

Javier Perez wrote:

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx <mailto:tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 20:44:19 -0400
    Bob Barrett <bobbrrtt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bobbrrtt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    > I'd sure like to
    > know what other process is running while /bin/login is waiting
    for me to
    > login.

    Maybe you could replace telinit with a script that does a ps to a log
    file, then execs the original telinit?

    I certainly don't have the problem on my fedora 9 virtual machine
    which
    I switched to runlevel 3 after installing it.

Bob.
I suggest you use the Bootchart utility. http://www.bootchart.org <http://www.bootchart.org/> It shows the whole boot process after execution of "init" phase collecting all sort of statistics. The important issue here is that it shows which programs run when during the whole start up. Maybe it can help you find up who is starting up GDM My 2 cents
--
/\_/\
|O O| pepebuho@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pepebuho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
~~~~ Javier Perez