FC2 -> F7 via yum

I am half way around the world from a not-for-profit organizations
server which I help maintain. For too many reasons to list, we could not
install from media and had to do an upgrade via yum. Everything is
working fine, except, the system was using Lilo and now uses Grub.
Additionally, the drive renaming of everything (ATA and SCSI) to sd$
leaves us without being able to reboot.

The drive setup follows (FC2):
/dev/hda3             /
/dev/hda1                /boot
/dev/hdc1             /extra
/dev/sdb1            /AAA
/dev/sda1             /BBB

It appears that ATA is initialized before the SCSI on this system
(2.6.12). Therefore, I think the mapping would be:

hda - > sda
hdb (cdrom?) - > sdb
hdc -> sdc
sda -> sdd
sdb -> sde

Is this accurate? Is there a way to use labels so I can be certain grub
and fstab are correct?

Thank you for any help.

Trever Adams

P.S. Am I even having to do this, does 2.6.23 (in F7) have this
remapping requirement? It has been a while since I used it locally.