Re: Installed F9 - problems with Evolution - Send/Rec button etc

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 12:30 +1000, Phil wrote:
> People,
>
> I just installed F9 and am getting everything going again but I am
> having problems with Evolution:
>
> - it is receiving mail OK but mail going out sits in the Outbox forever
>
> - The "Send/Receive" button is permanently greyed out
>
> This happens in both Gnome and KDE desktops but I can use "mail" from
> the prompt and Mutt to send mail out happily.
>
> I have qmail installed (supervise qmail-smtpd, tcpserver) but that
> doesn't seem to be the problem if mail/mutt works . .
>
> I think I have seen this problem with Evolution a long time ago . . I
> even tried:
>
>   evolution --force-shutdown
>   gconftool-2 --shutdown
>   mv /home/$USER/.evolution /home/$USER/evolution.org
>   mv /home/$USER/.gconf/apps/evolution /home/$USER/evolution.gconf
>
> and then ran evolution again which created a fresh setup but I still
> ended up with the same problems . .
>
> Any ideas?
This one is kinda common, usually. Just look in the lowest left hand
corner of the evolution display. You'll see the two plugs plugged into
each other,  normally. But, if you see a red X between them, you're in
local mode. Click on it, the plugs connect together and you're back into
Net Mode. I Hope this was the problem, it's sure the easiest to fix, nor
will you be likely to forget it. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar