Installed F9 - problems with Evolution - Send/Rec button etc

People,

I just installed F9 and am getting everything going again but I am
having problems with Evolution:

- it is receiving mail OK but mail going out sits in the Outbox forever

- The "Send/Receive" button is permanently greyed out

This happens in both Gnome and KDE desktops but I can use "mail" from
the prompt and Mutt to send mail out happily.

I have qmail installed (supervise qmail-smtpd, tcpserver) but that
doesn't seem to be the problem if mail/mutt works . .

I think I have seen this problem with Evolution a long time ago . . I
even tried:

  evolution --force-shutdown
  gconftool-2 --shutdown
  mv /home/$USER/.evolution /home/$USER/evolution.org
  mv /home/$USER/.gconf/apps/evolution /home/$USER/evolution.gconf

and then ran evolution again which created a fresh setup but I still
ended up with the same problems . .

Any ideas?

(As you can see, I am sending this with Mutt . .)

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
E-mail:  phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx