Re: Importing address book and mail in Thunderbird

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did a clean install of FC8 on PC which had FC6 before, I saved the old
> .thunderbird folder from FC6.
>  How do I use the "Import" tool in thunderbird, FC8 to import the old  FC6
> thunderbird  mail ,  address book ?
>  I physically moved the old address book into the FC8 thunderbird and it
> wouldn't accept that.

What I would recommend is to first quit TB, remove the new F8-TB
profile you have created and copy the F6-TB profile into your home
directory.
Once TB starts up it should automatically convert/update the necessary
data from the old profile and use that information.

I've been using the same TB profile since RH9 (Thunderbird 0.1a). Each
time I upgraded I left the old profile and it got update with each new
version of Thunderbird. Of course I backed up with every new Fedora
release but I've never had a major problem. On occasion I had to tweak
some settings.

-Mauriat